Skin discolorations are one of the most common skin problems today. It can be caused by skin conditions like acne, aging, medication, etc. Dark spots and other skin discolorations can be addressed using products called skin brighteners. One such product is from the well-known company Proactiv which gained popularity because of its effective acne treatment system.
Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector is a skin lightening solution that is formulated to get rid of dark spots caused by acne, old age and overexposure to the sun. It can also be used to generally lighten skin tone. Currently, it is one of the best-selling skin brightening products mostly because of the great reputation of the company behind it.
What Makes It Work?
The main ingredient that makes Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector work is 2% hydroquinone. This is a controversial ingredient that was proposed to be banned by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). However, there are some studies indicating that 2% hydroquinone is safe and cannot cause adverse effects. On the other hand, this is still a dangerous ingredient in which the long term effects are still unknown.
Other ingredients include glycolic acid, sodium hydroxide, ascorbylpalmitate, cetearyl alcohol, retinylpalmitate, glyceryldilaurate, tocopheryl acetate, propylene glycol, sodium sulphite, sodium metabisulfite, disodium EDTA, mathylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben and fragrance.
- The product is really effective according to many Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector reviews.
- It is clinically proven to be effective in fading dark spots by 59%.
- Contains glycolic acid which exfoliates the skin by getting rid of dead skin cells.
- Contains vitamins A, C and E which can help improve skin health.
- It is from Proactiv which is a well-known brand.
- Contains hydroquinone which is connected to the development of certain cancers.
- Some Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector reviews say it causes side effects like skin irritation.
- The formulation includes powerful chemicals that can cause skin problems to some individuals.
- It is not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Very expensive at $22 for one ounce.
- Some feedback from actual customers claims that the effects take a long time.
- There is not much information on how the ingredients work on the website.
- There is no clinical study proving that the product is really safe and free from side effects.
There is no doubt that this is one of the most effective treatments for dark spots today. The many positive Proactiv Dark Spot Corrector reviews are proof of this. However, safety is a major issue since hydroquinone is included in the product’s formulation. Although it only contains 2% of the dangerous chemical, any amount of risk on your health is not acceptable when it comes to using skincare products. There are many similar skin brightening products that are safe and as effective.